University of Malaya (UM) is committed to building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that will accelerate the scaling of the outputs of its R&D through to their application to society; provide solutions to industry and open opportunities for high technology investment; facilitated and coordinated by UMCIC a dedicated one-stop
To advance knowledge and learning through quality research and education for the nation and humanity
To be an internationally renowned institution of higher learning in research, innovation and commercialization.
- Demonstrates high ethical and moral values.
- Acts with honesty and without consideration of personal gain.
- Stands by decisions that are in the interest of truth and justice without fear or favour.
- Does not abuse power or authority.
- Does not tolerate unprofessional or unethical conduct.
- Does not disparage the university.
- Recognizes, understands, and appreciates the existence of diversity among human beings.
- Values diverse points of view and demonstrates this in daily work and decision-making.
- Treats all people justly and with dignity and honour regardless of race, religion, gender or position in the organization.
- Continually examines own attitude towards others to avoid inappropriate and unjust behaviour.
- Nurtures a caring and warm work culture.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues.
- Mentors junior members of the team.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise and is willing to learn from others.
- Supports, takes ownership and acts in accordance with university’s decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect one’s own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for shortcomings.
- Does not allow personal objectives to undermine team objectives.
- Takes pride in work and achievements.
- Keeps abreast with developments in one’s profession.
- Continuously strives to improve and develop one’s competencies.
- Demonstrates competence and mastery of subject-matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and organizational deadlines.
- Able to accept criticisms from others and use them to improve own performance.
- Adheres to professional ethics at all times.
- Gives due acknowledgment to others for their contribution.
- Does not allow personal concerns or interests to override the interests of justice and fairness.
- Possesses a sense of fairness and what is right and wrong in carrying out responsibilities.
- Takes ownership and honours all work-related commitments.
- Carries out responsibilities within prescribed time, cost and quality standards.
- Operates in compliance with organisational regulations and rules.
- Supervises and supports subordinates and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Answerable to superior for all work-related actions and conduct.