Intellectual Property and Legal Management
WHAT IP TEAM DOES?
University of Malaya (UM) is committed to building an entrepreneurial ecosystem that will accelerate the scaling of the outputs of its R&D through to their application to society; provide solutions to industry and open opportunities for high technology investment. UMCIC is a dedicated one-stop centre facilitating and coordinating these initiatives. UMCIC proactively protects and manages UMs broad intellectual property portfolio with a renewed emphasis on rapid licensing to industry. UMCIC also create strategic opportunities for investment into the latest technological advancements through the creation of technology and intellectual capacity driven university startups. It is supported by a robust institutional policy (UM policy on IP and commercialization) as well an active and supported technopreneur and incubation programme.
ROLE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY UNIT
- IP unit aims to ensuring an efficient, transparent and facilitative system for IP management at the UM
- Identifying high potential R&D output and innovative products to be registered
- Managing UM’s IPRs Portfolio
- Providing advice on IPR to researchers and students
- Create comprehensive University IPR data management & analytics center
To Download: Click Here