1. As Functionalizing Agents
For Carbon Nanomaterials
- Enhanced structural characteristic i.e surface area and pore volume
- Can be utilized in gas adsorption, wastewater heavy metal removal, bio/chemical sensor, immobilization of protein and DNA, composite materials, nano-emulsions, and electronic devices
For Activated Carbon
- Enhance and develop the surface of AC for numerous applications.
- Can be utilized in gas adsorption, wastewater heavy metal removal, chemical/electrochemical electrodes and sensor, composite materials, electronic devices.
2. Esterification of High Free Fatty Acids
- Use as a catalyst to produce biodiesel from low-grade crude palm oil
- The produced biodiesel meets the international standards specifications for biodiesel fuel (EN 14214 and ASTM D6751).
3. Utilizing Phosphonium-Based DES in Meta-Air Battery
- Replace the conventional solvents used in air-battery.
- High-energy, high capacity battery for mobile electronic equipment, in both commercial and military application.
- Capable of replacing the normal aqueous electrolyte to phosphonium-based DES.
- Have long-life span
- Not affected by the environmental humidity
- Not affected by exposure to carbon dioxide
Get the technology fact sheet here:
For any inquiries, kindly contact:
Lee Ching Shya
UMCIC Business Officer University of Malaya