Capacity Building Program
- UMCIC manages UM’s Intellectual Property Rights and continues to accept IP applications from UM academics and researchers. Commercialization aspects are taken into consideration when filing for new IP, especially for patents.
- UMCIC also continues to increase awareness and capacity building for UM staff and students on the importance of protecting and commercializing IPRs. These were achieved via several programmes conducted solely or jointly by UMCIC.
EMERALD: Basic Course in IP and Entrepreneurship
- Participants were primarily new academic staff who recently joined Universiti Malaya
- Learning outcomes included Intellectual Property policies and procedures, Entrepreneurial pathway and commercialization strategies, Industry linkages strategies and networking
- The newly trained academic staff will be part of UMCIC’s pool of contact persons at their respective faculties. A few more capacity building programmes is currently being planned including at least once a year session under Emerald Programme with ADeC
IP & COMMERCIALIZATION ROADSHOWS
- UMCIC team which includes IP, Business Development and Marketing team will host several IP & Commercialization Roadshows in 2019.
- Like previous years, this roadshow will cover all Faculties, Centres
andAcademies with the main objective to provide awareness on Intellectual Property, Commercialization and also the available e-marketing platform provided by UMCIC