1. Technology Overview
The present invention discloses a double genes targeted multiplex polymerase chain reaction (multiplex PCR) kit for multiple target detection in a single assay platform. The multiplex PCR kit disclosed according to the present invention comprises of six sets of forward and reverse specifically designed primers represented by sequences (SEQ ID NO: 1) to (SEQ ID NO: 12) for DNA amplification to identify and differentiate three meat species such as beef, buffalo and pig. In another embodiment, the multiplex PCR kit according to the present invention comprising six different pair of species-specific primers (two sets for each species) that specifically detect six different segments (73 to 146 bp) of two different mitochondrial genes (cytb and ND5) of the said three species.
- UMCIC File Number: 603/1139
- Patent: PI 2016 701716
- Patent status: Pending
- Malaysia patent: Double Gene Targetet Multiplex Pcr Kit For The Detection And Differentiation Of Beef, Buffalo And Pig Derived Materials In Food Chain
- This technology is currently available for licensing and commercialisation.
2. Technology Features and Specifications
- Highly accurate
- Specialized to only work with dengue virus genes, ensuring no false positives from other diseases.
- Serotype specific tests determines which serotype the virus is.
- The method only requires a small amount of blood to work.
- The time taken for this invention is approximately 3-4 hours.
- Results can be obtained quickly and efficiently, ensuring patients get treatment in a timely manner
- Early detection
- Able to detect the virus in the early stages as only a minute amount is needed
- Increases chances of early detection
3. Market Opportunity and Potential Applications
As dengue fever is becoming more prevalent, the need for quick, accurate and early diagnosis is needed. This invention meets those requirements which effectively makes it the best option for healthcare professionals looking to fight dengue. Furthermore, this method can be expanded to other diseases caused by pathogens with known sequences.
4. Benefits and Impacts
Dengue virus can be detected accurately and specifically through this new invention. Early diagnosis can be done so appropriate treatment and medicinal advice can be given within a short period of time. Thus, the rate of mortality can be reduced and more lives saved.
5. Development Stage
Available for Licensing