Industrial Prototype Grant (RM50,000 – RM300,000):
- To assist UM’s academic researchers or startup companies in commercializing their products or processes and move towards becoming a fast growing, scalable venture.
- Applicants demonstrate marketability of product by conducting:
- market validation study and
- propose a solid business plan
- established a partnership with industrial entity
- Projection figure on Return on Investment (ROI) for the University
- Sample deliverables for this stage include: finished goods and delivery of a market validated study that includes third party verification of the core results, completion of a finished good, and a marketing and sales plans for a product launch, or activities as recommended by the technical panel and University of Malaya Centre of Innovation and Commercialization (UMCIC) Council. Applicants under Stream 2 must be working full time on their ventures or must have a fully committed industry partner through a legal arrangement.